Just bought a new camera ?? And very excited to start taking photos with your new gadget??
But Alas, why does the picture not look as good as you wanted to !! Fret no more, stay tuned below for 4 new tricks to taking more interesting and memorable photos.
Trick #1 – Try out different camera exposure settings
By exploring the exposure settings of your camera, you could have pictures looking more brilliant with 0.5 to 2 stops underexposed in bright surroundings, and scenes appearing more clear with some overexposure. Just by simple tuning of the exposure level, you can create
pictures which can bring out different moods from people viewing it. Thats why the quote “A Picture Says A Thousand Words” is very true indeed ! For newbies, try out bracketing (i.e: Take the same photos with different exposure levels) and take your favorite pick from them.
Trick #2 – Bring out some creative blur in photos
By introducing some well-planned blur in photos, you can bring across certain important features, while using the rest as good complement, providing an overall nice touch. This can be done in 2 basic types.
First type is depth-of-field blur. Varying the lens aperture between 0.4 to 1.4 can create a lovely, soft background blur which bring sharp focus to the subject in the foreground.
Second type is movement blur. Done by setting the camera exposure on shutter priority, and keep it slow so as to capture interesting streaks as the subject moves in front of the camera.
Trick #3 – Create something out of nothing !!
What does it means? This exercise encourages you to take a step back and rethink how you can take wonderful pictures with things you already encountered on a daily basis.
One approach is to create your shot around the common elements around you such as lines, space and patterns. This can mean anything from the roads to the bridges, the trees, the railings, etc.. You start to see more possibilities and room for creativity.
Trick #4 – Take Unique Photos !!
Try to avoid taking photos from already popular places where everyone else has taken before, it will not be fresh, and the excitement is also much diminished. Try out new extreme photography (for example: underwater photography), or it could be as easy as shooting through thick glasses for that extra 3D feel, or shooting reflections of objects in water or other reflective objects.
Puzzled to find the ancient Chinese Dragon boats in Nottinghamshire? Well, this is just one of the few corporate event surprises that Chilli sauce has in store for you. Nottinghamshire, with its scenic beauty and loads of corporate outdoor activities is the perfect place to relax and engage in exciting team building activities. Dragon Boat racing in Nottinghamshire is one of the most popular team building corporate events, requiring equal participation from all, thus instilling in them a sense of corporate team spirit.
In today’s world, if you have to reach a goal, you cannot do it in isolation, you have to work as a team with equal contribution from all. The best way to recharge the corporate team spirit and strengthen the bonds is by engaging in fun team building corporate event organised beautifully by Chilli sauce.
Enter the Dragon
Riding a Dragon is now even more fun. The corporate teams can spend either a two hour, half day or full day ride. Two to six boats are raced at a time depending on the time and number of participants. As you step into the boats, you are transformed to the 2000-year-old ancient Chinese era of mystery and magic. The real charm of Dragon Boat racing lies in its ability to get every corporate member of the team involved with one goal in mind. To cheer up the respective corporate teams, Chinese lions are ready to receive them at the finishing point. The best part is, you can sit back at home later and watch your whole action of taking your team to victory as it is captured live on the video.
Benefits of Dragon Boat Racing in Nottinghamshire
Dragon Boat racing is one of the innovative ways of motivating and unifying the members of the corporate world. It’s one of those activities where all the corporate team members feel the need of one another to achieve a common goal. The Dragon Boat racing in Nottinghamshire stands up to the promise of Chilli sauce best ñ ìThe company the plays together stays together.î
So you have decided it’s time to take the plunge and go green. You want to buy eco friendly, but how can you be sure what you’re getting is truly eco friendly? It seems like everyone is trying to cash in on everyone’s desire to save the planet. So you want to make smart purchases that are really going to be good for the planet. Here’s how to shop smart for eco-friendly products.
Shop Smart Shop Green
1. Don’t get suckered into “biodegradable.” Just because it says biodegradable doesn’t mean it’s going to work. It will need the right conditions and landfills are not it. For products to biodegrade they will need a compost so if you don’t have one or live near one, then steer clear of anything that says biodegradable. Instead look for products that say reusable materials.
2. Natural, organic, and eco-friendly cosmetics will need more research. Just because it says it’s natural, organic, and eco friendly doesn’t mean it is. So read that bottle carefully and look for the seal of approval from USDA, Natural Products Association, or a BDIH stamp. While these other products that claim to be natural might be partially natural, they need to meet certain criteria that these organizations have determined to be necessary. Anything that doesn’t meet the criteria is just not worth spending the extra money on.
3. What about organic meat? It’s a great idea to eat meats that are free of hormones and antibiotics, but the only way you can know for sure that this is what you’re getting is if you get a meat stamped with the USDA organic seal of approval. This is the strictest of guidelines which not only require organic meat to be free of both hormones and antibiotics, but also requires a third party certification.
4. Don’t waste your time with BPA free plastics. There’s no way to know for sure that these plastics are free of these chemicals and they probably are not. So the best thing you can do (especially for food storage and anything that will be heated) is skip the plastic all together. Switch to glass or lead-free ceramics instead.
5. Consider reusing plastic and paper shopping bags. Instead of purchasing cloth shopping bags, just reuse the ones the store gives you. It will save you money and the energy to make that bag.
6. The chemicals organic dry cleaners use might not be any better for you or the environment than the typical dry cleaning chemicals. So don’t fall for the organic dry cleaning. Instead look for a dry cleaner which uses CO2 or a wet cleaner. This will be much better. But, a little known secret – many items which say “dry clean only” can be washed right at home in a cold cycle. Hang to dry and you’ll be pleased with the results and you’ll save yourself a trip or two to the dry cleaner.
7. Hybrid cars seem like a no brainer. The government even gives you a tax break if you buy one. So why wouldn’t you? And yes, hybrids are great, but you need to do your homework. You’re not going to get a significant savings from a hybrid SUV, but you’ll pay a lot more. If you aren’t in desperate need of a new car, then just use your money to fix up your current vehicle – that will be better for the environment and for your gas mileage as well. You’ll find a tune up will do wonders for gas mileage. Consider buying a used hybrid. And when doing shopping, finding the smallest and best gas mileage you can have will be the best and most eco-friendly way when it comes to car shopping.
8. Cotton clothing is under fire. The newest item to cause concern is carcinogens. So if you want an organic cotton shirt, you can’t just buy something because it claims to be organic. When it comes to clothing, look for the seal of approval from the USDA or the Global Organic Textile (GOTS) certification. If it doesn’t have either one of those, then it’s not worth the extra cash.
So now you know what to look out for when you’re shopping green. Seal of approval is very important to make sure you’re truly getting a product that is natural and organic. And sometimes you don’t have to buy something new just to be green. Reusing what you already have and repairing what you have is just as much a part of being green as using natural organic products.
So don’t think you have to go buying a bunch of stuff just to live a green lifestyle. Now you’re ready to shop smart and shop eco friendly.
Kayaking is growing in popularity. It is a sport with a lot of variations, which are covered below in this article.
At its core, kayaking is simply a method of propelling oneself through a body of water by using ones own power. A paddle is used to do this with the paddle usually having two curved portions on each side to allow for a back and forth action unlike canoeing. This definition, however, fails in many ways since there are extremely different types of kayaking. Letís take a look.
Kayak roughly means hunting boat. It has been used throughout history by people living on shores to pursue food in the ocean. The indigenous people in the Arctic are believed to have been the first kayakers using wood frames covered by animal skins. In modern times, kayaking refers to a much broader scope of activities. That being said, the basic boat remains the same.
Kayaks are long, thin and usually one person boats. They come in different forms and styles, which are primarily adapted to a particular style of kayaking. Sea kayaks are very long and thin, which helps them glide easily through the water. Kayaks designed for running challenging river rapids, on the other hand, are short to facilitate manoeuvrability and the opportunity to roll to upright oneself after being flipped upside down.
While almost all kayaks are designed to have the person sit down in them, a certain class allows the person to site on a flat indention on the top of the kayak. Obviously, this type of kayaking is typically done on smooth surfaces such as lakes.
As these designs seem to suggest, kayaking comes in a lot of forms. Some people love to take them out on a cruise around a bay in Alaska or any ocean areas. Other kayaking enthusiasts prefer to shoot the rapids of extreme rivers and will travel all over the world to do so.
Kayaking is a huge adrenaline rush or a relaxing way to see sites up close and personal. You just have to make your choice, get out there and go.
The first weekend in April awakens a familiar creature in the Uwharrie National Forest North Carolina. The ATV off-road enthusiast has been hibernating for the winter, yet not asleep. He has been giving attention to his 4X4, quad, dirt bike, and other off-road toys, preparing them for this awakening. They arrive from all over the Southeast, flooding the local convenience stores for gas, munchies and any other off-road needs.
The local campgrounds are booked months in advance, as are the local motels. The Uwharrie National Forest boasts 16 total miles of ATV trails, the sum of 8 separate smaller, interconnected ATV obstacle courses. These trails range in length from under 1 mile to in excess of 3 miles, with the majority open to ANY off-road type vehicles. Helmets must be worn on all trails, which are monitored by the NC Wildlife Agency. Uwharrie National Forest is located 60 miles East of Charlotte, NC off Highway 24-27, and boasts campgrounds, primitive camping, and equestrian trails and facilities, in addition to the OHV trail system. Fees are $5.00 per day/per vehicle and season passes available for $30.00.
If you’re looking for scenic spot to spend a long weekend, and aren’t afraid of some off-road mud, join us in Uwharrie for some real off-road adventures!